Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reflections.



With the last wedding of the season coming up this weekend, I just wanted to reflect on how far I've come in the last year and a half.

My very first official shoot was with the lovely Gina from Acute Designs. I say official because really, family and friends are great and all but don’t pay the bills. I remember feeling so nervous the day of the shoot. All jitters, however, went away quickly as soon as I did what I know best, get behind the camera and just shoot. I had an amazing time with Gina and loved getting to know her.

I've always been a little awkward in public. My friends will tell you I am anything but shy but something about being in public and causing a scene just gets to me. I had been afraid to shoot in public with hundreds of people looking at me funny. Today, a year and a half later, I still get funky when I think about what I have to do but seriously, once I get out there with my camera and “do my thing” I lose all sense of … being, I guess. I completely lose myself in my photography and will often forget to eat or drink during 8-10 hour shoots. It’s just my camera and the people in front of it. I will do whatever it takes to get “that shot” be it laying on the cold and dirty floor or balancing on tables to get everyone in. I really don’t care what I look like at that moment, and that’s how I knew I wanted to photography people for the rest of my life.

I've had some amazing opportunities in the past 3 months alone and can’t thank the people involved enough. They've had faith in me and my work and never gave up on me. They gave me the time and attention and most importantly, a chance to show them what I can do. I sometimes feel overwhelmed with the love I receive from my clients, family and friends.

As I wrap up the next week and a half of shooting, send the last discs of images off to my clients, I want to focus on where the next year will take me. I know where I want to me and have my path cut out for me. I pray for courage and patience in the next year.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by me on this new path. Among a full time job, wedding planning and my photography business, it’s been quite the ride.

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! I loved doing that shoot with you and I know what you mean about being awkward in public....I get that way too. I want to do another shoot the next time I am in town :).

    ReplyDelete