Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Recap

(I was going to post my favorites from this past year but had to give up - there were just too many.)

It's been an amazing year. I've been blessed to photograph many beautiful weddings in the past 12 months and meet countless great couples and families.

2013 was also a challenging year. I was let go from my full time position in March, which was, on one side, a blessing as I was extremely unhappy working there, but adjusting to life with only one stable salary also proved to be a challenge financially. We had a wedding to plan and pay for, a dying car that needed to be replaced and a pool that seemed to just swallow all our money since we had no clue what we're doing. But we made it. And we made it out quite well. Thanks to the support from our family and friends, we always had something to look forward to and in retrospect - 2013, although hard, was the best one yet.

2013 gave me the opportunity to go full time with wedding and portrait photography. It taught me to believe in myself and not to give up on my dream. This is what I want to do, and, although sometimes life plays a bit unfair by throwing us right into the middle of the action without warning, I know I can do this.

I'm excited to see what 2014 brings. More weddings, more direction and more goals.
Here's to all my amazing clients, who've believed in me and who've made this past year even remotely possible! And my husband, because he's pretty rad himself.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment