Sunday, January 27, 2013

Engaged : Jessie + Mike

Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement
I just realized I hadn’t shared one of my favorite Engagement Sessions from last year yet! I love Jessie and Mike very much and am lucky to soon call them family! Jessie is my fiance’s cousin and her and Mike are getting married in May of this year. We have all been waiting for this moment and I am so looking forward to photographing their special day! I was so honored when Jessie picked me to be the photographer for her special day. She originally felt shy about asking me as she didn’t want to ruin my time at her wedding (I was invited as a guest as well) but I encouraged and promised her that I would much rather be behind the lens than in front of it. I am so excited for May!

Jessie and Mike both live out of state but since their families are in Ohio, we managed to sneak in an Engagement Session the day before Thanksgiving. We picked a perfect day that wasn’t too cold and ended up meeting at Devou Park for the first part of the Shoot before heading down to Riverside Drive in Covington to finish up.

Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement Cincinnati Devou Park Engagement


I usually find myself in fields and woods when photographing, so this urban scene in Covington was such a pleasant change of scenery. A couple months before, I had a Senior Shoot at the same spot, but we unfortunately ran out of light soon after arrival and only got a couple shots in a block or so from the river. I loved how the light just completely set the mood in this Engagement shoot and am so glad I suggested this spot to Jessie and Mike.

A (very) belated CONGRATS to Jessie and Mike and look for them again in May/June!

1 comment: